8.15.2011

Modern, meet Traditional

Seems every where I look, design blogs and magazines are bombarded with wedding features. I figured I'd do my own twist on the topic: marrying traditional with modern. A common issue that always comes up at my internship is the difference in taste between married clients. One always loves modern design while the other opts for traditional. How do you marry the two aesthetics together in a cohesive manner?

RUGS
Recently, there has been a new trend in over-dying traditional, Turkish rugs. It takes a classic piece with traditional designs and modernizes it with bright, funky, new colors. I adore them! You can find them anywhere right now since they're such a big trend, but ABC Carpet happens to be having a sale at the moment.

ABC Color Reform


WALLPAPER
This faux wood wall covering by Nobilis is a great choice for something with both a modern and class aesthetic. It takes the idea of traditional wood wall panelling and turns it into a modern, texture-less wallpaper.



PAINT
And of course....when in doubt, paint paint paint. One of the easiest ways to add a splotch of modern to a traditional room is to paint with bright and loud colors - be it the walls or even the furniture. It's also probably the most inexpensive way too!

House Beautiful

House Beautiful



Elle Decor

2 comments:

  1. Excellent web site you've got here.. It's difficult to find high-quality writing like yours these days.
    I honestly appreciate people like you! Take care!!
    Here is my website : santa monica apartment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because the admin of this site is working, no doubt very
    quickly it will be renowned, due to its feature contents.


    Check out my blog personal injury attorney

    ReplyDelete